THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY, WEXHAM
POLICY STATEMENT ON RECRUITMENT AND CRB DISCLOSURES
St Mary’s takes seriously its responsibilities in the care and nurture of the children within our community. To this end we have adopted the Diocesan policy on recruitment and CRB disclosures as follows:-
- We are committed to the recognition of each person’s skills, experience and qualifications and shall attempt to ensure that these are fully considered in the recruitment and appointment of paid staff and volunteers.
- We shall assess all positions (whether for paid staff or volunteers) in order to determine whether a Disclosure is required from the Criminal Records Bureau and, if so, at what level. For those positions requiring a Disclosure, we shall indicate in any advertisement (or other information about the position) the level of Disclosure and make clear that any offer of position will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory Disclosure information.
- Where a position involves a Disclosure, we shall encourage all applicants invited to an interview to provide details of any criminal record before the interview.
- We shall obtain Disclosures for volunteers through an appropriate registered body and shall advise the Diocese which registered body we use (currently Churches Agency for Safeguarding).
- If the Diocese advises that a Disclosure contains information relevant to the position, we shall work with Diocesan staff to assess the risks and agree a course of action.
- We shall follow Diocesan guidance on the re-submission of applications for Disclosure.
- We shall ensure that Disclosure information is passed only to those entitled to receive it.
- We are committed to the fair and sensitive use of Disclosure information. We shall refer to the Diocese any complaints about the Disclosure process or the accuracy of Disclosure information so that appropriate action can be taken; this may involve the use of the formal complaints procedure.
- In dealing with all matters relating to Disclosure, we shall comply with the Criminal Records Bureau’s Code of Practice. We shall also comply with Diocesan policies and follow Diocesan procedures and guidance.
ratified by St Mary’s PCC on.....................